DE in other european countries
There are two major European networks engaged in development education:
GENE - Global Education Network Europe - is:
- a European network of national agencies for the support, co-ordination and/or funding of global education in Europe.
- previously facilitated by the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe,
DARE Forum - Development Awereness Raising and Education Forum - is:
- The Development Awareness Raising and Educatin Forum is one of the core-working group of CONCORD, the European Confederation of Development and Relief NGOs.
- The members of the Forum are appointed by national platforms and networks, and meet twice a year, usually in Spring and Autumn. The Forum establishes common strategies to strengthen Development Education in Europe.
In recent years there as been several largers conferences on European level adressing issues related to development education:
- Conference on Intercultural dialogue in Development Education, (Ljubljana 9-10 juni 2008)
- Draft final report
- Conference on European Development Education, Finland 2006
- Helsinki Draft Conclusions and Annexes
- European Conference on Public Awareness and Development Education for North-South Solidarity (Brussels, 19 and 20 May 2005)
- Final Report
- The Europe-Wide Global Education Congress (Maastricht, November 2002)
- the Maastricht Declaration
A result of the european process has been the joint production of:
- The European Consensus on Development: the contribution of Development Education & Awareness Raising (Nov. 2007)
- available in all EU-languages
- the presentation of the Consensus (ppt)