Her finner du lenker og kort beskrivelse av utvalgte engelskspråklige tidsskrifter, som er tilgjengelige på nett.
Mandag 22. august 2005
Linker oppdatert: Mandag 01. november 2010
Linker oppdatert: Mandag 01. november 2010
- Africa Renewal is published in English and French by the Library and Publications Division of the United Nations Department of Public Information, with support from UNDP and UNICEF.
- BBC World Service - Focus On Africa Magazine
- Bridges Monthly Review from the Int. Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development-ICTSD
- Choices, Magazine from the UNDP
- Down To Earth Magazine, published by The Centre for Science and Environment - one of India’s leading environmental NGOs with a deep interest in sustainable natural resource management.
- Focus on trade, published on-line by Focus on the Global South, providing updates and analysis of trends in regional and world trade and finance, with an emphasis on analysis of these trends from an integrative, interdisciplinary viewpoint that is sensitive not only to economic issues, but also to ecological, political, gender and social issues.
- Foreign Policy Magazine, Widely regarded as one of the most influential international affairs journals in the world FOREIGN POLICY was launched in 1970 to encourage fresh and more vigorous debate on the vital issues confronting U.S. foreign policy.
- Global Knowledge, a magazine that focuses on cooperation between Norway and countries in the South/East on higher education and research published by the Center for International Cooperation in Higher Education (Norway).
- Monthly Review, There has never been a more important moment for MR's unique blend of scholarship and activism, critical understanding and accessibility. MR speaks to workers and labor organizers no less than to academics, and against class exploitation, no less than against racial and sexual oppression. It has never been more indispensable as a guide to current realities, their historical roots and the prospects for change. It is an essential voice for today.
- Multinational Monitor On-Line, from The Multinationals Resource Clearinghouse. The Multinational Monitor is a monthly news magazine which tracks corporate activity, especially in the Third World, the export of hazardous substances, worker health and safety, labor union issues and the environment.
- NACLA - Report on the Americas, The core of NACLA's work is its bimonthly magazine Nacla Report on the Americas, the most widely read English language publication on Latin America.
- Networker, a monthly publication from UK NGO coalition BOND, carrying features and news on funding, policy and other issues of strategic importance to the sector.
- Seatini Bulletin - SEATINI is an African initiative to strengthen Africa's capacity to take a more effective part in the emerging global trading system and to better manage the process of Globalization.
- South Bulletin and South Letter from the South Centre. The Centre works to assist in developing points of view of the South on major policy issues, and to generate ideas and action-oriented proposals for consideration by the collectivity of South governments, institutions of South-South co-operation, inter-governmental organizations of the South, and non-governmental organizations and the community at large.
- The Ecologist, "the World's leading environmental magazine"
- The Globalist, Since January 3, 2000, The Globalist has published a daily online magazine on the global economy, politics and culture that is available for free to registered users.
- The Interdependant, from the North-South Center of the Council of Europe
- The New Internationalist Magazine, "New Internationalist is a magazine well worth reading as it respects the intelligence of its readers. It is independent, lively and properly provocative, helping to keep it's readers abreast of important developments in parts of our globe that risk marginalisation. Read it!. ("Desmond M Tutu, Archbishop of Cape Town)
- Third World Resurgence from the Third World Network. The aim of the magazine is to give a Third World perspective to the whole range of issues confronting the Third World namely, the environment, health and basic needs, international affairs, politics, economics, culture, and so on.
- Third World Economics, Published by the Third World Network, this fortnightly magazine reports on economic and development issues that are of special interest to the Third World. Edited by an experienced team of Third World journalists and researchers, the magazine reflects viewpoints representing the interests of the people in the South.
- WEDO-Newsletter, "news and views" from The Women's Environment & Development Organization (WEDO) - a global organization working to increase women's visibility, roles and leadership in public policy-making through peace, gender, human rights, environmental and economic justice campaigns; through advocacy nationally, regionally, at the United Nations and in international financial institutions; and through local actions.
- Wider Angle, from United Nations University(UNU)/WIDER. UNU is an international academic organization which promotes the UN's aims of peace and progress by providing a framework for bringing together leading scholars from around the world to tackle pressing global problems. Activities are carried out by the UNU Headquarters and its network of research and training centres and collaborating institutions world-wide.
- Women in action, published tri-annual by ISIS International, linking woman, sharing knowledge and engendering change
- World Policy Journal from the World Policy Institute
- YaleGlobal Online Magazine, A publication of the Yale Center for the Study of Globalization
- YES, A Journal of Positive Futures: Hopeful News about a Sustainable, Just and Compassionate Future, published by Positive Futures Network - a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting peoples' active engagement in creating a more sustainable, just and compassionate world.
- Z-Magazine, Z is an independent political magazine of critical thinking on political, cultural, social, and economic life in the United States.